To engineer our Scotch-Brite™ Clean and Strip XT Pro Extra Cut Disc, aluminum oxide mineral is combined with non-woven nylon fibers using resin. Aluminum oxide is a very hard mineral that delivers a high cut rate, commonly used in high-pressure applications like cutting and weld removal.
The resin bond strengthens the fiber web and allows it to gradually break down to reveal new fibers and sharp mineral – delivering a consistent cut over the life of the abrasive. The combination of fiber strands, resin and abrasive mineral forms a thick, open web. Gaps in the web allow swarf to escape, minimizing loading of the abrasive.
- Heavy rust and rust pit removal without leaving divots
- Thick paint and coating removal
- Weld refinement and removing weld discoloration
- Cuts to bare metal quickly
- Ideal for adhesion prep
- Made with aluminum oxide mineral